Covid Update – 23rd February 2021 – Shooting Ranges to Open
Yesterday the Government published a roadmap for the phased easing of COVID lockdown regulations in England. We are delighted to note the following:-
From Monday 29th March 2021 (Phase 1)
- Outdoor shooting ranges, with other outdoor sports facilities, to re-open
- Formally organised outdoor full bore target shooting can resume without gatherings limits, as long as compliant with guidance issued by the NRA. Please note updated NRA COVID secure guidance will be published on the NRA website by midday Monday 1st March
No earlier than Monday 12th April 2021 (Phase 2)
- Bisley Camp self-catering accommodation and caravan sites can re-open
- NRA Training can resume; please wait to be contacted as we work through the backlog
No earlier than Monday 17th May 2021 (Phase 3)
- Indoor shooting ranges to re-open
- Bisley Camp catered accommodation can re-open
This is mighty good news, and I am delighted to confirm that as a result of the Phase 1 easing of restrictions:-
- All Bisley rifle ranges will open on Tuesday 30th March for NRA member and affiliated club bookings. Please submit your range bookings via the online system https://nra.azolve.com/Account.mvc/SignIn
All bookings prior to 29th March have been cancelled. Bookings that have previously been confirmed after this date will be honoured so please do not resubmit them. If you wish to cancel a booking please do so via our online system.
- The armoury will be open from Tuesday 30th March for click and collect ammunition, components and ancillary sales; contact email@example.com
- Bisley Shooting Ground’s sporting clay range at Cottesloe Heath will open on Monday 29th March – for bookings contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Clay Shooting Centre ranges will open Tuesday 30th March – for bookings contact email@example.com
The 2021 NRA competition season is scheduled to commence at Bisley with the CSR League Meeting and Small-bore LR Match in April, followed by the Phoenix Meeting 27th to 30th May. Please find the 2021 competition programme HERE
We are in close dialogue with the MoD and will update members and affiliated clubs when NRA affiliated clubs are able to book military ranges.
Further updates will be published on the NRA website as dates for the next phases of the roadmap are confirmed.
The past year has been memorable for so many of the wrong reasons, but there is now genuine hope that we can return to our ranges and get down to the serious business of target shooting. Clean your rifles, pistols and shotguns – the ranges at Bisley and across England will be waiting for you to return.
Secretary General, National Rifle Association
Chief Executive, National Shooting Centre